Innovation is a process of creating new ideas or models to improve products, process, and performance.
Innovation looks at the current problems in a new way, to create a solution that has greater impact or performance.
A new paradigm
Innovation is not easy ; it often requires that teams ‘think out of the box’ or using a new paradigm that ignores the current system.
A new idea
Although innovation seeks to generates fresh new ideas, it also includes a process of analysis to ensure that investing in the new idea improves impact.
A viable plan
Innovation is never realized without a plan for viability and integration into the existing system.
A new growth
Innovative ideas result in measurable expansion, and growth that the existing system cannot generate.
Get Innovative – Online Webinar
You will learn how to think creatively and develop your project for submission.
Video (english version)
Video (spanish version)
- IDEO is a reference when it comes to responsible design, innovation... they have a set of tools and books on their website that people can navigate
- more advanced exercises to inspire ideation / facilitate brainstorming: Innovationlab
- Article about how to manage the innovation process (ownership) to get the process started
- (extensive) summary of the innovation process using double diamond approach
- Council Post: On Building A Faster Horse: Design Thinking For Disruption
While design thinking demands more time investment up front, the benefits that companies stand to gain from adopting this approach are critical to innovation and long-term success.